Friday 6 November 2015

6th Journal Entry



I did some progress on my project. First of all, I modeled the characters. There are some parts I need to remodel for rigging. I use NURMS to make them smooth instead of turbosmooth modifier. I have the main character, the pawns, and the bigger pawns. They all have the same characteristics of not having faces because it is hard to model, especially rigging it.

Main Character
















Pawn















Bigger Pawn
















I've also made a scythe for the main character. It has 4 parts separated, the handle, the middle part, the part that holds the blade, and the blade. the scythe's blade are also two connected blades. I started from a box, and by converting it to editable poly, I started modeling from the handle. I used a bunch of extrudes to add more level and I used swift loops to "add" more poly.
















I've finished creating the rig for the main and the pawn. I've tried experimenting with rigging the main, but it's hard to do so. The only other problem I have is texturing and other special effects right now. Other than that, I think it's overall just going smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment