Tuesday 17 November 2015

8th Journal Entry


This is my 8th Entry. This week I modeled a sniper rifle for the main character. It's referenced after a normal sniper rifle, but it it a semi-auto sniper rifle, because I can. The trigger, the barrel, the barrel-holder, and the body are separate objects. They are all editable poly, with the barrel holder and trigger symmetrical using the Symmetry modifier.

I finished rigging the pawn model and made some test videos about it. It needs some fixing on the hip using the Skin Morph modifier. There are three different models of pawn. One with the sleeves tucked short, one with the sleeves tucked a bit longer, and one with both the sleeves long and short. The rig used is CAT Object, which is different from biped, because biped has too many constraint, so that's
why I use CAT.





All I need to after rigging the models is animating them, and then edit the model animation with Skin Morph modifier to edit the joints because there bounds to be some funny mistakes there. After that, if I have time, I can texture the models. 

No comments:

Post a Comment